Working visit to the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO)
ReSPA is organizing Working visit to the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) (https://epso.europa.eu/en) from 25 to 27 April 2023, Brussels (Belgium).
This working visit shall provide an opportunity for:
- Learning about the new model of merit recruitment that EPSO will apply as of May 2023;
- Exchanging experience on challenges faced by respective Administrations and obtaining advice on how to address them and improve the respective merit-recruitment processes;
- Exploring opportunities for further exchange and support that the administrations could get from EPSOThis working visit will provide a first-hand opportunity to learn how EPSO is revising the selection procedures and introducing a faster, leaner and more accessible competition model.
During the visit, there will also be a possibility for the participants to learn about:
- The European School of Administration (https://commission.europa.eu/about-european-commission/departments-and-executive-agencies/european-school-administration_en), which meets the EU institutions’ specific training needs,
- DG – Human Resources and security (https://commission.europa.eu/about-european-commission/departments-and-executive-agencies/human-resources-and-security_en), which oversees recruitment policy, training and career management, social policies and working conditions for Commission staff and works on attracting diverse talent.
The visit targets the HRMPD Thematic Group members, one from each category:
- Senior managers with responsibilities for merit recruitment in the relevant Ministries of Public Administration/ Civil Service Agencies or equivalent;
- Senior managers with responsibilities for programme planning in the relevant training academies/schools or departments;
- HR staff responsible for the implementation of recruitment.