2013 Joint Congress of IIAS-IASIA
The Presidents of the International Institute of Administrative Sciences (IIAS) and the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) have the pleasure to inform you that the 2013 IIAS-IASIA Joint Congress shall be held in Manama, Bahrain from 1st June to 6th June.
One umbrella theme "Public Administration Futures: Professionalism and Leadership".
The following calls for papers are available for download (PDF). The key requirements, dates and deadlines are included in each call.
The Open abstracts/panels is for authors who wish to submit an abstract or organize a session for consideration to the 2013 Joint Congress of IIAS-IASIA, but do not believe that their topic fits under any of the panels, special workshop topics or other sessions.
1. Future risks and strategies
2. Leadership for the future
3. Innovative service delivery for the future
- WG I: Education and Training Programme: aligning missions and quality
- WG II: State-Market Partnerships and Enterprise Management
- WG III: Public Sector Reform
- WG IV: Local Governance and Development
- WG V: Accountability, Culture & Trust
- WG VI: Public Sector Financial, Information and Performance Management
- WG VII: Leadership, Governance and Public Policy
- WG VIII: Management of Energy, Food Security and Welfare
- WG IX: Diversity and Gender in the Public Service
To submit your abstract, please go to: http://www.conftool.pro/iias-iasia-congress2013
You may also download the Submission User Guide, should you need more assistance.
Call for papers - IIAS Project Group on Security and Safety
Crisis and Contingency Management
The IIAS Project Group on Security and Safety is preparing a publication on national public capacities for crisis and contingency management and on related international coordination. The publication will include case studies of national and international institutional arrangements and of individual crisis events. It will also look at cross-cutting crisis management issues. The Project Group has met during the IIAS annual Congresses in Lausanne (2011) and Merida (2013) and plans to meet for a third time in Bahrain in June 2013. Preparations are underway for the planned publication, but the Project Group is still looking for additional contributions. Download the full call for papers
Call for papers â€“ Political-administrative relations in times of heightened pressure on executive government
In this panel, proposals are welcomed that address the changes in political-administrative relations which derive from the heightened pressures on the executive, and the responses of the executive to those pressures. Download the complete call-for-paper
For further information on the congress: www.iias-iasia-congress2013.org